Wednesday, November 18, 2009

blogger prerequisites

I was thinking this morning about what I might write about today. I thought about exploring a number of things that have sprung to mind throughout the day: It was hard to avoid commentary on Sarah Palin’s new memoir and she’s a public phenomenon incredibly fun to dissect. A Lady Gaga video made me wonder if there would be any end to the hypersexualization of popular culture. Would it swing the other way or keep going until we’re all naked and replacing handshakes with other lascivious acts? And then I wondered if I was turning into my mother.

But I rejected each subject knowing that there were others out there – sociologists and media commentators - who could write with so much more insight and authority on any of these subjects. All this going through my head, I turned to Colin and said,

“I’m not sure I can write about anything with enough authority to do it justice.”

To which he stared at me with sincere incredulity and said,

“Kim! You’re a blogger now. That’s practically a prerequisite”

No comments:

Post a Comment